Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas, stomach bug, oh my

Wow... So the kids are on Christmas break. Dacotah missed last Wednesday because he came up with the stomach bug which lasted about 36 hours. Not a huge deal, but then he got hit with a bad sinus infection and bilateral conjunctivitis. The local Urgent Care was great with his needs but mommy had to go a bit out of her way to say "DO NOT TOUCH HIM first". :) The nurse was probably one of the friendliest I had ever met and asked before she did anything. It was the first office other than the one I work that allowed me to tell them his height/weight instead of demanding he stand still.The Doctor debated on giving him a shot of antibiotics because his temperature was 103.3!!! But decided against it when I told her he had never had antibiotics in his life. She had a look of utter disbelief then I went on to say Montana had only been given antibiotics once in the last 7 years for strep. She wrote a prescription for liquid amoxil, but we've been unable to administer it as he spits it out. TRUST ME I have literally tried EVERYTHING at this point. The good part at this point it's viral so the antibiotics wouldn't help anyway. His fever is gone. The pink eye is debating what it is going to do. He is getting antibiotics for that as is his mommy. He likes to share.

Christmas this year was so much fun, despite us both being sick. Our extended family came up from NC but because D was sick, we did facetime while daddy and sissy went to visit them in the hotel. My mother-in-law has been phenomenal when she's around Dacotah as sick as he was, she agreed to watch him so I could take my dad to the ER on Friday night. He had fallen and cut his head pretty deep. (he's okay) She kept me updated and when his temperature started going up was just as I was walking back through the door at home. We stayed at the hotel until daddy got home from work. Honestly, I didn't want to be alone with Dacotah and Montana, and it helped pass the time.

Both kids were again blessed with too many gifts between the grandparents and us, but they had a blast. Dacotah's fishing frenzy game, Hungry Hungry Hippos,  melissa and doug house, and his remote control cars are hands down his favorite toys. Montana loved her doll bunk bed, weighted blanket, troll pjs, boots, and sweater. She is one of the only kids I know that LOVES getting clothes on Christmas morning.

Dacotah hasn't said much of anything over the past week. Granted he is not feeling good but last night I did get him to say nite nite mama. He's finally saying dada.... 2 years 9 months and he finally said it again!!! It made daddy super happy to say the least.

I have NOT heard back from the DMV about the windshield, I'm not sure how long they usually take but it's been 3 weeks.... Grrr...

His compression vest was not approved through his insurance GRRRR... Thankfully I found out today that he went on daddy's insurance on the 7th of this month, so I'm going to call Excel next Tuesday and get them to try to approve it through Anthem. Good part is the kids still have their medicaid through Jan, so we will be able to get him a new set of braces ordered and delivered as well.

Travis and I talked about taking him to see Dr. Sprouse in June 2017, we are still debating on if we want to attend the conference, but ultimately we decided we needed to get some more information on his genetics since he's not making a lot of progress with his speech. Yes, he is making some.... but it is still very delayed, and it's obvious when you see him with someone younger. It's going to be a long drive to Baltimore, but if we plan it right, we can get him scheduled with speech and dental at UVA prior to his visit in MD.

He's started head banging, he's always thrown things when he gets upset, but now when you tell him no, his body goes limp and he smashes into the floor. He did it earlier when he didn't tea for his sippy cup and he hit the kitchen floor so hard I thought he busted his nose. :(   Hopefully OT and PT will be back next week and we can figure out what's causing the issue. I'm still pointing to frustration of not being able to verbally communicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment