Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A couple steps back but a few steps forward

Today has been full of crazy.. As everyone was waiting on me to leave Dacotah ran in circles over and over inside the trampoline outside. I had to do some office supply shopping so dad agreed to watch the kids while we went to Kingsport and Johnson City. Dacotah is usually okay with transferring to dads car, but today was meltdown city. Travis took him over to dads car and Dacotah clung to him screaming, crying inconsolably until they pulled out and got on the main road then he was fine. When we met to pick them back up, dad had gotten Montana an ice cream that she was eating on. Really freaking ice cream, in the same vehicle as her brother, knowing full well he could instantly breakout if she accidentally touches him. When confronted dad just said "she wanted an ice cream ". I wanted to jumped and say yep and Dacotah wants to go to the hospital because of a poorly timed decision. However, I just explained I'm over cautious because I don't want to end up with him in the hospital. Soooo...
The drive home, he wanted to nurse and it wasn't a good time with me being stressed out so I tried keeping him occupied with YouTube videos of model trains. Thankfully for the most part it worked! When we got home he watched his train go in circles. I fixed a thing for Montana and came back inside. While Travis and I were watching a show, Dacotah points to different things and the following conversation took place:

Dis...no...dis...no.... Dis.... No.... Dis...no (he carried the two sided conversation on his own) he goes over to the tricycle and I say "that?" He nods yes and got on!

I'm assuming these are good things but I guess too that I worry that it's not normal. I read a lot about SPD and a lot of the younger kids start running in circles, lose their words, and get frustrated and get violent from it.

He hates having his diaper changed or his clothes changed and has started kicking worse and a couple of times he's started to bite!. On a positive he is using his sippy cup more often with less fuss. I'm hoping this weekend to see if we can start substituting it for nighttime since we found 2-3 that he likes chewing and drinking on.

Oh oh oh... I almost forgot. We got his hammock, swing and Sheet made out of Lycra ordered the other day! Cannot wait to get it here so he can enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment