Friday, June 3, 2016

Glad the weekend is over

The drive to Grandma and Papaw's house went with only a 5 minute screaming fit. Thankfully I thought only for the rest of the weekend being a total mess. Don't get me wrong we enjoyed our visit but Dacotah's mood has been anything but normal. It's as though we have gone back 4 steps in some areas and up 2 in others. Sunday we headed out to church and it was hit or miss all the way there whether he was calm or crying. Usually he will stay with Ms. Anne in the nursery but she was out that morning. We walked in and the smell of cheese goldfish and cheese doodles was overpowering. I asked the lady if we could put them up and I have safe foods to share. We wiped everything down and sissy stayed with Dacotah (just in case he started reacting). We made it through without a breakout. At one point I went back to check on him and ended up having to stay because every time i would get up to leave, he would meltdown and scream like a banshee. Given his mood we skipped going out to eat after church and opted to get food to fix at the house. He fell asleep and napped maybe 30 minutes waking upon arrival. For lunch he had some corn and a few chips. Travis and I went fishing while Jean and Richard took the kids to the splash pad. Dacotah loves his water table but doesn't care much for the splash pads. I feel like he wants control over where the water hits. Dinner time: he ate French fries and ketchup, and a couple sugar wafers. Call me super paranoid but it scares me and Travis both when we are out and someone else has milk or egg products. I always think in the back of my mind what of someone forgets and touches him with their hands and then we are rushing to the hospital. Honestly I hate seeming like I'm a grouch but when you see your child itching, swelling, and breaking out, I'd take someone getting ticked off at the reminder any day.
The drive back on Sunday was anything but the new normal. He whined and whimpered until we got back to the Virginia state line. From there any and every time the sun shined in through the van he screamed. As soon as the shadows from the mountains covered the sun, he was fine, this went on the entire way home. Sunglasses aren't an option as he refuses to wear them and the screens in the van aren't effective enough for his over sensory. Needless to say we were more than happy to return home.


No comments:

Post a Comment