Friday, May 27, 2016

Finger paint and water play

Yesterday afternoon while Sissy was outside playing with her friends Dacotah kept going over to his water table and smacking the rainwater, I decided to go ahead and fill it up, but this time I also put multi colored beads inside it as well. He loved it, he played until he was soaking wet. He is starting to run more (granted he still trips) but he is getting faster. When he walks it looks like he walks on the insides of his feet, I am pretty sure someone told me it is due to his low muscle tone, I guess in the back of mind I have to wonder if braces would help but then he would scream for them to be off.
He came inside and kept being fussy so when I pulled out the finger paints instead of being grumpy, he dove right in. I wish I could capture into words how cute he was. He would grab the paint and feel it 3-4x and then put it on the canvas, at one point he was grabbing chunks and smearing it everywhere. Needless to say the table, the chair, mom, him, and the canvas were covered. For me this was a huge accomplishment because the first time he screamed every time the paint touched him. I'm thinking Frappe (our orange cat) helped a lot by distracting him at random times. But it was a step!
I have always been a barefoot kid and Dacotah if he had his way he would be stark naked outside. I left him in a pull up after he did fingerpainting.
He wouldn't touch his dinner but instead he gulped down two bags of baby food... It makes me wonder why he won't eat and hopefully with the new speech therapist who is also qualifies in feeding will be able to get him on the right track!


No comments:

Post a Comment