Monday, May 23, 2016

Update on Speech

Today the coordinator called to tell me they are in the process of assigning him a new speech therapist and her name is Katie. I didn't have to call this morning to tell her about Fridays events. But I felt compelled to tell her what all was said and I am going ahead and just saying it on here as well.  The first visit she told us she was on medicine for a sinus infection that her to shake uncontrollably. I had no problems with that because I have sinus issues. However, Friday she said out of the blue the doctors changed her medication and it makes her smell like alcohol. I call bullshit. Sorry I have to wonder if she knows I work in the medical field and I grew up with an alcoholic. It was not her body, but when she talked her breath reeked of alcohol. So much so I asked Travis to check her car. I think sometimes background checks through organizations aren't as thorough as they should be.  I did inform Sherry this morning after she said she was changing his therapist so they can make a note and check more into it.

I am excited because the new therapist for speech/feeding is through the same office as Mel (his OT) so we will be able to coordinate his care much better this way.
The only downside is EI has to wait until she gets her certification through the state which could be 2-3 weeks, but if she's anything  like Mel, she will be great for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment