Monday, May 16, 2016

His first speech therapy

I am going to be 100% brutally honest IT DID NOT GO AS I HAD HOPED OR PLANNED. I would love to say the therapist was personable and compassionate but in the hour she was here doing her evaluation (I was later informed this was 100% unnecessary) she spoke directly to Dacotah twice!!! Twice in 1 hour!!! Two words in fact, Hi, and one of her questions was will he respond to his name if he is doing something. I told her to ask and she said "Dacotah" to which he looked up and immediately went back to watch Bob the Builder.  She said "I don't like being right up in their space the first visit". I can understand that but you can say more than 2 words in an hour to a child you are going to be interacting with and if not you can be replaced anyone of have that feeling of no connection, well this is by far the closest I have ever not connected with someone!.

I was more than upset and furious and after she left the more I thought about it the more my inner ticking time bomb grew.... So I called the coordinator and asked for another therapist. While talking to her I thought well maybe I am overreacting, maybe it was just an initial first impression so I said "I will be more than happy to give her a second visit just to make sure it's not a proper fit, but if it's like the first visit I want a replacement.

So here we are two weeks after the first visit. I sent her a text on Friday asking when she was planning on coming back for her next visit and I still have not received a reply. So later today I will call her, as much as I hate it, but I will call and hope in all honesty she doesn't answer, because sometimes gut instincts are right and maybe we just aren't a fit, and as the song says if mommy ain't happy there ain't nobody happy. Don't ignore my son and there won't be an issue....

No comments:

Post a Comment